25 July 2006

Superfreak

Those Irish bogs are wacky things - but come on - this is surreal:

Irish archaeologists Tuesday heralded the discovery of an ancient book of psalms by a construction worker while driving the shovel of his backhoe into a bog.

OK - I can accept that. THIS defies reasoning, in light of current events:

"The book was found open to a page describing, in Latin script, Psalm 83, in which God hears complaints of other nations' attempts to wipe out the name of Israel."

Are those hoofbeats?

************UPDATE**************

Those weren't hoofbeats after all. Apparently, the numbering of the Psalms changed when King James I took it upon himself to rewrite the Bible and the book in question was open to the modern Psalm 84 which does not reference the destruction of Israel.

Whew. What a relief. I was startin'to wonder if I needed to prepare for the Rapture. Glad to know I have a few more days of drinking.

No comments: